I am pleased to invite you and your students to submit paper abstracts for this year’s Regional Student Paper Contest (RSPC) to be held in London, UK on 2-3 June 2014.
The contest will be held in three different categories: BSc, MSc and PhD. The subject of the paper must be related to petroleum engineering, which is defined as the application of basic and engineering sciences on the finding, development, and recovery of oil, gas, and other resources from wells.
Entrance to the Contest is free of charge. Please take time to go through the following notes on submitting paper abstract;
- Contestants must be SPE members in good standing at the time of application.
- Only students enrolled as full-time students are eligible to participate in the contest. The definition of “full-time” is determined by the student’s university.
- If the student has already earned a degree, it must have been less than nine months before the contest. For example: a student graduating March 2014must compete by December 2014.
- Students are not required to be a member of a student chapter in order to participate in the contest.
- Final rulings on questionable eligibility will be made by the Student Development Committee.
NOTES ON SUBMITTING ABSTRACT
Please have the attached entry form completed and returned to email@example.com along with the abstract in word format (maximum 300 words) on or before Friday, 4 April 2014.
Please note that this is a firm deadline and is not subject for extension, any abstract received later than set deadline will not be accepted.
All abstracts must be submitted in English. You should give a description of the proposed paper, summarizing its scope and describing any results or conclusions.
IMPORTANT: Please seek approval from your Institute / University to participate in the Contest and to present the proposed materials prior to submitting your abstract.
Applicants will be notified if the abstract has been accepted or declined by Friday, 2 May 2014. Final paper, if selected, must not differ greatly from the abstract submitted.
I look forward to receiving your paper abstracts soon.
Thanks and warm regards,
Membership Services Specialist